The ForestSchoolLeader.com website has been designed around the needs of both experienced and trainee Forest School Leaders. The website will provide information, resources and support that you will find useful in your every day practice and help your continued professional development year on year.
ForestSchoolLeader.com is determined to follow the basic principles of Forest Schools. Our website will;
- be a long-term frequent and regular visitor to Forest School subjects,
- help support the development of a relationship between our readers, their learners and the natural environment,
- promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners,
- offer readers the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment, themselves and their learners,
- help to continuously maintain and develop our readers’ professional practice, and
- support our readers to create a range of learner-centred processes helping create a community for development and learning.
Our aim is to be both a useful resource and a website that challenges readers to reflect upon their own practice to drive Forest School Improvement, wherever they might be.
ForestSchoolLeader.com welcomes new writers who wish to share their ideas, reflections, good practice and resources freely with the Forest School Leader community around the world. If you are interested, please use our Contact Us page to send us a message.